Feedback from attendees at SDD 2018
Perhaps a tad unsurprisingly, we believe that SDD is a great conference, as we work very hard to try to ensure that’s the case. However, you don’t have to take our word for it – here are the percentages of attendees who rated the following aspects of SDD 2018 as good, very good or excellent:
Quality of sessions
Location of the event
Quality of speakers
Coverage of key topics
Value for money
Comments from Twitter & evaluation forms
Here’s a selection of comments from attendees, taken from the feedback forms and Twitter for previous SDD events.
- This year’s conference was excellent! I’ll be back for the third time next May.”
- “Thanks @allenholub for rounding out a great week today at #sddconf. See you all next time!”
- “#sddconf completed for another year - great sessions, great speakers - far too many to name.”
- “Still reeling from yesterday’s sessions by Juval Löwy’s talks at #sddconf yesterday and digesting his very generous resource shares - definitely recommend his Zen of Architecture and Advanced Project Design talks.”
- “Good good work @sddconf - many interesting sessions and look forward to the videos to catch the ones I missed.”
- “Well that’s me done for another year at #sddconf. It was a complete blast. Great venue and hospitality as usual, excellent set of talks and really nice to get to chat to the speakers too. See you all again next year!”
- “Great talks and good code examples on web #security from @chwenz and @leastprivilege today at #sddconf.”
- “Really inspiring sesions today so far regarding messaging, microservices and web apps with @allenholub #sddconf.”
- “Through sheer force of will and a little bit of magic I have managed to fit all the #sddconf loot in one bag for the last day of talks.”
- “Great talk about asynchronous by @jeremybytes at @sddconf!”
- “Nice change of pace this morning with @jonskeet, now in the garden room again. I can’t get over how cool this place is :-)”
- “@KathleenDollard excellent talk at #sddconf today - enlightening me about functional programming and being really engaging all at the same time.”
- “Great afternoon sessions with @markrichardssa #sddconf.”
- “Great first day at this year’s #sddconf. Incredible intro to machine learning from @jprosise, then Functional C# with @kathleendollard, detecting architectural decay with @markrichardssa, and finished up with refectoring to immutability with @kevlinhenney.”
- “Today at #sddconf . Great keynote (AI all the things!), more good stuff from juval löwy, and into code with @KevlinHenney. Pizza and beer weren’t bad either :-) See you all again tomorrow!”
- “@jprosise Hi Jeff - thanks for a great keynote today at #SDDConf - got a use for the visual AI tool on Azure immediately!”
- “A great set of thoughts and opinions on some of the exciting features coming at some point in C# 8 from @jonskeet #sddconf.”
- “Great #keynote by @jprosise in @sddconf in London on #AI and #MachineLearning.”
- “Excellent, v strongly opinionated day with Juval Löwy at #sddconf. Plenty to think about, thanks :-)”
- “Final day at #sddconf for me. Has been really good. Has got me excited about writing software (and doing it better) again.”
- “Excellent balance of Agile, Architecture and Tech.”
- “Back from an awesome few days at @sddconf brain is too full right now!”
- “Keep your staff as friendly and helpful as this year, they've been great!”
- “2 features of a great conference: 1. Good speakers (check) 2. Good food (check). The rest is just a detail. #sddconf”
- “@sddconf - good conference with engaged and competent speakers.”
- “Fantastic first day at #sddconf – getting set for day 2.”
- “I feel like my brain is saturated after 4 days of learning @sddconf. Plenty of new and useful stuff to go back to work with now.”
- “Enjoyed a great range of talks at #sddconf - slowly dragging my knowledge out of the dark ages.”
- “Great workshop on the Monday, wish I could have stayed for more days!”
- “SDD conference has been awesome. Still 2 days to go #sddconf!”
- “I thought Andy Clymer and Richard Blewett were outstanding.”
- “Bye #sddconf – I leave a different programmer than when I arrived!”
- "How interesting was #sddconf? Me: 33 A4 pages and 1.5cm of ink."
- "Great conference. My first time here. Well organised, good mix of subjects, 90min sessions a good length, keynote awesome! Thanks!"
- "sddconf over. Brain frazzled. Social skills minimal. Thanks to all speakers and conference organizers. Till next time!"
- "It was my first time and it was great. Looking forward to next year!"
- "Brilliant conference! Great speakers and sessions. And the staff were super nice and helpful."
- "I came last year, I'm here this year and if I have my way, I'll be back next year!"
- "Good to be home again after a full week of workshops and conference. Thanks @sddconf for a great conference!"